Our sustainability strategy includes one cross-cutting topic as we aim to build a better workplace.
Offering a good workplace is critical to attracting, retaining, and growing the human capital we need to thrive as a Group.
We aim to be a responsible employer and do not tolerate any form of discrimination.
We focus on the following topics:
- Building an inclusive, diverse, and respectful workplace
- Ensuring safe and healthy working conditions
- Offering rewarding career opportunities and fostering talents
Highlights for FY 21/22
- We have a workforce of 2,594 staff, of whom 26% are women. Enhancing the diversity of our workplace will be one of our priorities, especially for managerial positions, only 23% of which are currently filled by women.
- Our turnover rate was 7%, compared to 9% in FY20/21.
- We hired 114 new employees and promoted 22 staff members, of whom 8 were women.
- We recorded 20 work-related accidents and 0 fatalities. For the time being, our HSE systems cover our industrial sites: we will expand their coverage to include the whole Group.
- We trained 2,225 employees, prioritising health and safety. We spent MMK 188 million to provide specific healthcare support to our employees during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- To cope with the COVID-19 pandemic, we vaccinated all our staff and distributors in 6 cities across the country. All of them were offered an opportunity to be vaccinated: 2,270 staff and some of their families, and 984 distributors and their families benefited from our vaccination support.
Breakdown of headcount by gender and position (FY 21/22)
* The scope is limited and only covers our industrial sites.