To reflect our corporate structure, we have established a two-tier corporate governance system to govern Myanma Awba effectively:
- At the Group level, our Board of Directors includes three directors. They benefit from the support of our Advisory Board to ensure an efficient oversight of its responsibilities for the Group. The Advisory Group includes two members.
- The Group Board is supported by our Executive Committee, which includes representatives of the main Business Units and Functions of Myanma Awba.
Our distinguished Advisory Board and Executive Committee take the lead in ensuring the Group remains true to its values and beliefs as it serves the farmers of Myanmar.
Board of Directors and Advisory Board Members
Risk & Controls
- Set and review Myanma Awba’s values and mission
- Oversee compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and all policies approved by the Board
- Assess the effectiveness of the Board
- Identify and recommend potential Board members for election by shareholders
- Recommend the Board remuneration policy for shareholder approval
- Consider stakeholders’ expectations to secure the sustainability of the Group
- Review, approve and monitor the Group’s strategy
- Monitor the overall performance of the Group’s progress toward its strategic objectives
- Decide on critical business matters
Risk & Controls
- Approve and oversee the risk management framework and associated policies and procedures
- Establish and foster a sound control environment
- Set the risk appetite for the Group
- Advise the shareholders to appoint, reappoint or remove the External Auditors and Chief Internal Auditor
- Ensure the integrity of financial statements and sustainability disclosure
- Ensure Myanma Awba conducts its business in a socially and responsible manner, and engage with its most critical stakeholders
- Review and approve the human resource policies and framework for the Group
- Develop succession plans
- Set the remuneration and incentive schemes for the Management team
The Board benefits from the support of the Advisory Board in fulfilling its duties.
BOD Composition (as of 31 March 2022)
Gender diversity of the Board
Breakdown of directorships by type
Meeting attendance & activities of the Board
Activities of the Board and Advisory Board
In FY 20/21, the Board met 25 times. This high number of meetings reflects the Board’s involvement in the Group’s operation after February 2021. The Board was focused on safeguarding the Group’s sustainability, the security and integrity of its assets, the health and safety of its staff, and the continuity and compliance of its operations. It also reviewed and ensured that Myanma Awba’s mission was still relevant.
In FY 21/22, the Board met six times.
The attendance of each Member is summarised in the table below:
Type of Directorship
Executive Chairman (Board and Advisory Board)
Soe Mar Lar
Non-Executive Director (Board)
Soe Min Thant
Executive Director (Board)
Independent Non-Executive Director (Advisory Board)
Executive Director (Advisory Board)
Development of Yangon Citrus farm, the first-ever commercial scale lowland citrus farm in Yangon with sophisticated water management system.
Expansion of research team to 50 agronomists.
Growth of distribution network with over 50 dealers nationwide.
Achieving landmark US$1m sales for crop protection products
Formation of Research and Development team with 5 agronomists.